Our local communities of talent
We’re proud that where possible, our homewares and gifts are produced here in Australia using communities of local talent, ethical sourcing and eco-friendly practices.
Production and Manufacturing
- Printing of our cushions, napkins, handkerchiefs and tea-towels is done by the team at Next State in Abbotsford, Melbourne;
- Hemming is by the team at The Social Studio in Collingwood, Melbourne;
- Our T-shirts are printed by Das Automat in Prahran, Melbourne;
- The cards by Moo.com in London, UK.
- Tea Towels are printed on a 230 gsm cotton / linen, providing the beautiful texture of linen with all the durability characteristics of cotton; they measure (approximately) 44cm x 66cm;
- Cushion covers are printed on 100% soft and durable 309 gsm cotton, and measure 41cm x 41cm with zip;
- Napkins are new to our range and are printed on a soft 129 gsm cotton and measure 40 x 40cm.
Printing in action at Next State.
The Social Studio is a social enterprise that champions the values of diversity, community, education, environmentally sustainable design and ethical business practices. They are much admired with their work with refugee and migrant communities within design, sewing and printing. We use them for all of our hemming.
We use Das Automat for the printing of our current range of T-Shirts. All are printed on AS Colour’s unisex and scoop ranges which are a 150 gsm 100% combed cotton t-shirt. Das Automat also use inks that are Oeko-Tex approved.